I am a molecular biologist working in the emerging field of neuroepigenetics. I am drawn to one of the last great mysteries of the human body: the mind, and specifically, how biological molecules which last for just days can give rise to lifelong memories.
I want to pioneer new techniques that enable answers to questions like this. I am also passionate about the value of foundational research, because it’s so important to understand the biology before interventions or cures for disease can be developed.
Outside the lab I enjoy making music, tinkering with computers, playing video games, and watching my tropical fish.
Skills & Expertise
- Lab techniques in neuroscience and molecular biology
- Experimental design for life sciences
- Writing, especially science writing for a general audience
- Public speaking
- Computers: home builds, repairs, re-purposing of ‘obsolete’ machines to suit children/seniors/non-profits.
Are you the next Westpac Scholar?
Inspired by our Westpac Scholars? Read on to find out more about our scholarship programs:
- Westpac Asian Exchange Scholarship
- Westpac Young Technologists Scholarship
- Westpac Social Change Fellowship
- Westpac Future Leaders Scholarship
- Westpac Research Fellowship
Scholarship enquiries and updates
For scholarship enquiries email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect with us to find out how Westpac Scholars are helping to solve some of Australia's biggest problems: