Empowering children in foster care with learning and self-confidence to change the direction of their life path.
The impact of children being taken into foster care is severe and long-term. These children have lower educational attainment, lower employment prospects and higher criminal rates. Education and the ability to read and learn is a powerful life changer for these children. Across Australia there are now 51,000 children in care, if we have the ability to change the direction of the lives of these children, with education, life purpose, health and happiness then all Australian’s will stand to benefit.
After meeting a foster carer 12 years ago, and being totally humbled by her commitment to our communities most vulnerable children, I was driven to create a foundation which could positively contribute to the sector of Child Safety and be a game changer for the children. I am a strong child advocate and believe in equal opportunities for all children. Starting my career in Nursing and managing a business as well has enabled me to transition into this sector organically. Every day I get to work on my passion which is improving the lives of foster children, this is such an honour. In my own time, my favourite activity is spending time with my own family.
Skills & Expertise
- Engaging large groups of people to contribute to social change.
- Developing strong, high performing teams Positive and inspirational Leadership skills
- Public speaking and sharing my passion for all Australian children
- The importance of early education for all children.
- Authentic happiness and the importance of this in everyday life.
There is no such word as 'can’t'
Are you the next Westpac Scholar?
Inspired by our Westpac Scholars? Read on to find out more about our scholarship programs:
- Westpac Asian Exchange Scholarship
- Westpac Young Technologists Scholarship
- Westpac Social Change Fellowship
- Westpac Future Leaders Scholarship
- Westpac Research Fellowship
Scholarship enquiries and updates
For scholarship enquiries email: email@example.com
Connect with us to find out how Westpac Scholars are helping to solve some of Australia's biggest problems: