Despite representing Australia in the WWI centenary commemorations in Paris, a mere month of study in Jinan was able to divert my interest away from French and towards Chinese politics and culture. Through my long-term studies in Beijing and Taipei, I have become highly proficient in Chinese and taken a leading role in promoting understanding of Sino-Australian relations. Given the vast differences between our legal jurisdictions, I hope my exchange to Peking University will give me insight into the extent to which China’s legal system protects Australian business ventures, as well as how the country’s transition to rule of law will affect its political stability.
Interests & Passions
- Foreign language and cross-cultural literacy
- Chinese and Taiwanese history and politics
- International law and foreign relations
- Problem-solving and critical analysis
- Research skills
The greatest danger in life is not to take the chance.
Are you the next Westpac Scholar?
Inspired by our Westpac Scholars? Read on to find out more about our scholarship programs:
- Westpac Asian Exchange Scholarship
- Westpac Young Technologists Scholarship
- Westpac Social Change Fellowship
- Westpac Future Leaders Scholarship
- Westpac Research Fellowship
Scholarship enquiries and updates
For scholarship enquiries email: email@example.com
Connect with us to find out how Westpac Scholars are helping to solve some of Australia's biggest problems: