My career focus is captured by my current activities; I am studying in Hong Kong to augment my academic program with a regional focus that will make me a progressive and internationally-employable economist and international public-policy expert. I aim to develop diplomacy and business skills and gain proficiency in both Mandarin and Cantonese, allowing me to return to Asia as a professional to work towards bridging the income and education-attainment gaps between rural and urban East-Asia. In the long-term, I thus see my professional future as one characterised by pursuit of poverty-alleviation in the Indo-Pacific region.
Interests & Passions
- Economic analysis of government expenditure outcomes (academic)
- Diplomacy and International Geo-politics (academic)
- Digital literacy - photography, marketing, audio-visual, social media (practical)
- Statistical analysis (professional)
- Exercise, fitness and allied health (practical)
My proudest moment to date was being awarded a New Colombo Plan Scholarship from the Australian Federal Government’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade. Receiving the certificate from the Hon. Julie Bishop MP at the government house grand ballroom was an experience I will forever treasure.
Are you the next Westpac Scholar?
Inspired by our Westpac Scholars? Read on to find out more about our scholarship programs:
- Westpac Asian Exchange Scholarship
- Westpac Young Technologists Scholarship
- Westpac Social Change Fellowship
- Westpac Future Leaders Scholarship
- Westpac Research Fellowship
Scholarship enquiries and updates
For scholarship enquiries email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect with us to find out how Westpac Scholars are helping to solve some of Australia's biggest problems: