I am passionate about the health and development of children and believe that as a society, we have a responsibility to ensure every child has the best start to life. My fascination with the association between health and social determinants has lead me to a research career. I enjoy the creativity in research and strive to find innovative solutions to complex problems.
My PhD project will focus on vulnerable children and how being born into a family on welfare affects life chances for these children, including their own later welfare experience. I believe practical application of public health research can spark great change within Australian society. Outside of work, you will find me at the local dog park, attending language classes or hunting the perfect brunch spot in Adelaide (soft poached eggs are an essential).
Skills & Expertise
- Child health and development
- Whole of population linked data analytics
- Social and health inequalities
- Teaching and student engagement
- Gardening (indoor plants and vegetable patches)
"Whilst many individuals may have great leadership potential, few have the privileged opportunity to develop into their full leadership capability. The Westpac Future Leaders Scholarship means an investment in me. It is an investment in my values, my ideas and my potential."
Are you the next Westpac Scholar?
Inspired by our Westpac Scholars? Read on to find out more about our scholarship programs:
- Westpac Asian Exchange Scholarship
- Westpac Young Technologists Scholarship
- Westpac Social Change Fellowship
- Westpac Future Leaders Scholarship
- Westpac Research Fellowship
Scholarship enquiries and updates
For scholarship enquiries email: email@example.com
Connect with us to find out how Westpac Scholars are helping to solve some of Australia's biggest problems: