I hope to contribute to a future which is more sustainable and equitable than the status quo. Messy, complex global challenges are what pique my interest, particularly those which require society-wide transformations. My academic and professional experiences are diverse, from microbiology to slum revitalisation and on to sustainable development.
Currently, I am interested in the challenge of managing an increasingly urbanised world. Specifically, my PhD aims to integrate the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) into urban and city planning. The ambition of these goals is particularly exciting and they have been the focus of my study and research at the ‘Monash Sustainable Development Institute’. Outside of academia I enjoy drumming, board games and following politics a little to intently.
Skills & Expertise
- Sustainable development and the SDGs
- Sustainable cities and urbanisation
- International development practice
- Microbiology and molecular biology
- Interdisciplinary and exploratory research
"My research will provide a planning model for the Australian context that incorporates population expansion and environmental sustainability using the Sustainable Development Goals as a guiding framework. This model could be applied directly in Australian cities, improving the lives and livelihoods for all city dwellers."
Becoming a scholar
Inspired by our Westpac Scholars? Read on to find out more about our scholarship programs:
- Westpac Asian Exchange Scholarship
- Westpac Young Technologists Scholarship
- Westpac Social Change Fellowship
- Westpac Future Leaders Scholarship
- Westpac Research Fellowship
Scholarship enquiries and updates
For scholarship enquiries email: email@example.com
Connect with us to find out how Westpac Scholars are helping to solve some of Australia's biggest problems: