A final year university student, I am on the cusp of finishing my undergraduate education having specialised in Immunology, Japanese and Chinese. I am pursuing an international career in immunology and healthcare alongside continued Asian language and culture studies. My aim is to contribute to medical breakthroughs, particularly in the development of immunotherapies to treat cancer and autoimmune disease. I also aspire to utilise my experience and understanding of Asia-Australia relations to contribute to ongoing scientific collaboration between Australia, China and Japan. When I'm not obsessing over immunology or fantasising about Chinese food, I love to do kendo (a Japanese martial art), read arbitrary philosophy books, and explore green places.
Skills & Expertise
- Immunotherapies against cancer and autoimmune disease
- Better understanding of autoimmune diseases
- Improvements in therapy access and delivery for patients
- Translation and cross-cultural literacy
- Kendo and the associated pursuit of self-cultivation
"This scholarship means an opportunity to chase a dream I do not otherwise have the means to follow; it means a chance to connect with an incredible group of like-minded individuals, to share experiences and pursue shared goals."
Are you the next Westpac Scholar?
Inspired by our Westpac Scholars? Read on to find out more about our scholarship programs:
- Westpac Asian Exchange Scholarship
- Westpac Young Technologists Scholarship
- Westpac Social Change Fellowship
- Westpac Future Leaders Scholarship
- Westpac Research Fellowship
Scholarship enquiries and updates
For scholarship enquiries email: email@example.com
Connect with us to find out how Westpac Scholars are helping to solve some of Australia's biggest problems: