I am a public health researcher who is passionate about using health data to drive evidence-based practice and policy.
My research ultimately seeks to minimise the burden of injury in Australia. In particular, my PhD project aims to understand the impact of alcohol and other drugs on risk-taking behaviour and risk of injury in non-road trauma patients. This will include people injured from causes such as falls, violence and intentional self-harm.
Through this project, I aspire to bring together academics, clinicians, policy makers and health promotion experts to work towards preventing injuries associated with the use of alcohol and other drugs.
Skills & Expertise
- Preventing and improving recovery from injury
- Personal responsibility attributions and their impact on health
- Analysis of registry data sets
- Systematic reviews
- Public speaking
"When I was 8 I wanted to grow up and be a writer."
Are you the next Westpac Scholar?
Inspired by our Westpac Scholars? Read on to find out more about our scholarship programs:
- Westpac Asian Exchange Scholarship
- Westpac Young Technologists Scholarship
- Westpac Social Change Fellowship
- Westpac Future Leaders Scholarship
- Westpac Research Fellowship
Scholarship enquiries and updates
For scholarship enquiries email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect with us to find out how Westpac Scholars are helping to solve some of Australia's biggest problems: