I have worked in the refugee sector for over a decade with leading humanitarian organisations here and abroad. I have met hundreds of refugees and people seeking asylum before and after perilous and hopeful journeys in search of safe homes.
My mission to instigate a greater appreciation of cultural diversity and help new arrivals to find their place in Australia.
I founded Free to Feed to address at a community level the two biggest challenges facing refugees and asylum seekers: unemployment and social isolation. Free to Feed is a non-profit social enterprise empowering refugees and people seeking asylum, and encouraging inclusive community attitudes through shared food experiences. I am passionate about social enterprise and the power of business to address these complex social challenges through economic self-empowerment and social inclusivity. I am a proud feminist, mother of two beautiful boys and enjoy nature and swimming in the ocean.
Skills & Expertise
- Refugees and people seeking asylum
- Humanitarianism and global issues
- Social enterprise
- Juggling motherhood and a career
- Galvanising/mobilising community though business
Are you the next Westpac Scholar?
Inspired by our Westpac Scholars? Read on to find out more about our scholarship programs:
- Westpac Asian Exchange Scholarship
- Westpac Young Technologists Scholarship
- Westpac Social Change Fellowship
- Westpac Future Leaders Scholarship
- Westpac Research Fellowship
Scholarship enquiries and updates
For scholarship enquiries email: email@example.com
Connect with us to find out how Westpac Scholars are helping to solve some of Australia's biggest problems: