I am an explorer, problem solver, and leader. I am also a social scientist, fascinated by the interaction between nature and society. My work explores the role of emotions in shaping understandings of and responses to global environmental futures, particularly in the lives of young Australians. I seek to understand how knowledge, emotion and action are co-produced in the context of growing awareness in the 21st century of the extent of human transformation of the Earth.
I am strongly motivated to effect positive social change, to use research as a catalyst for community engagement, to develop creative, innovative and interdisciplinary strategies to shape our global futures, and to use my gifts, skills and strengths to serve others.
I also find great joy in volunteering with youth groups, environmental groups and social justice organisations, reading, cooking, teaching myself to knit, and spending time in lutrutiwa’s (Tasmania’s) wilderness.
Skills & Expertise
- Commitment to social justice, with particular focus on environmental justice and intersectional inequalities
- Change management, especially in being a horizon thinker and using lateral thinking to solve complex problems
- Leadership and empowerment of others
- Political ecology and cross-disciplinary thinking, with a particular focus on the dialectic between nature and society
- Analytical and problem solving skills
"This scholarship offers the invaluable opportunity to learn in community with diverse minds, to grow in understanding about my own skills and abilities, and to give generously to those around me."
Are you the next Westpac Scholar?
Inspired by our Westpac Scholars? Read on to find out more about our scholarship programs:
- Westpac Asian Exchange Scholarship
- Westpac Young Technologists Scholarship
- Westpac Social Change Fellowship
- Westpac Future Leaders Scholarship
- Westpac Research Fellowship
Scholarship enquiries and updates
For scholarship enquiries email: email@example.com
Connect with us to find out how Westpac Scholars are helping to solve some of Australia's biggest problems: